Overview Incidence Risk Factors Symptoms Evaluation Treatment questions for doctor specialist Home Care taking control warning signs Outlook Complications Underlying Cause
Facts about sarcoidosis:
- About 50 out of 100,000 people in the US have sarcoidosis.
- Most cases occur in people between the ages of 20 and 60.
- Females are affected more commonly than males.
- It is 10 times more common in African Americans than in Caucasian Americans.
Continue to Sarcoid Risk Factors
PubMed Sarcoid References
- Belfer MH, Stevens RW. Sarcoidosis: a primary care review. Am Fam Physician. 1998 Dec;58(9):2041-50, 2055-6. 
- Cox CE, Davis-Allen A, Judson MA. Sarcoidosis. Med Clin North Am. 2005 Jul;89(4):817-28. 
- Paramothayan S, Jones PW. Corticosteroid therapy in pulmonary sarcoidosis: a systematic review. JAMA. 2002 Mar 13;287(10):1301-7.