Ruptured Thigh Tendon Outlook
What to expect with quadriceps tendon rupture:
- About 80 percent of people with quadriceps tendon rupture are able to return to work after surgery.
- About 50 percent of people with quadriceps tendon rupture are able to return to previous activities, including sports.
- About 80 percent of people with quadriceps tendon rupture have quadriceps weakness.
Continue to Ruptured Thigh Tendon Complications
- Dobbs RE, Hanssen AD, Lewallen DG, Pagnano MW. Quadriceps tendon rupture after total knee arthroplasty. Prevalence, complications, and outcomes. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2005 Jan;87(1):37-45. 
- Goelitz BW, Lomasney LM, Demos TC. Radiologic case study. Quadriceps tendon rupture. Orthopedics. 2004 Aug;27(8):790, 872-5. 
- Hansen L, Larsen S, Laulund T. Traumatic bilateral quadriceps tendon rupture. J Orthop Sci. 2001;6(2):187-8. 
- Shah MK. Outcomes in bilateral and simultaneous quadriceps tendon rupture. Orthopedics. 2003 Aug;26(8):797-8.