Ruptured Appendix Incidence
Facts about appendicitis:
- About 1 in 1,000 people in the US develop appendicitis each year.
- Each person in the US has a 7% chance of developing the illness during his or her lifetime.
- Appendicitis is more common in males than females.
- Although it can occur at any age, appendicitis is most common in those who are 20 to 40 years old.
Continue to Ruptured Appendix Symptoms
- Alloo J, Gerstle T, Shilyansky J, Ein SH. Appendicitis in children less than 3 years of age. Pediatr Surg Int. 2004 Jan;19(12):777-9. 
- Andersson RE. Meta-analysis of the clinical and laboratory diagnosis of appendicitis. Br J Surg. 2004 Jan;91(1):28-37. 
- Hagendorf BA, Clarke JR, Burd RS. The optimal initial management of children with suspected appendicitis: a decision analysis. J Pediatr Surg. 2004 Jun;39(6):880-5. 
- Shelton T, McKinlay R, Schwartz RW. Acute appendicitis: current diagnosis and treatment. Curr Surg. 2003 Sep-Oct;60(5):502-5.