Rubella Infection Incidence
Facts about rubella:
- The widespread use of MMR vaccine during childhood prevents rubella.
- Those who have not been vaccinated against measles are at risk for rubella.
- There are about 1,000 cases of rubella each year in the US.
Continue to Rubella Infection Symptoms
- Banatvala JE, Brown DW. Rubella. Lancet. 2004 Apr 3;363(9415):1127-37. 
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Elimination of rubella and congenital rubella syndrome--United States, 1969-2004. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2005 Mar 25;54(11):279-82. 
- Wellington K, Goa KL. Measles, mumps, rubella vaccine (Priorix; GSK-MMR): a review of its use in the prevention of measles, mumps and rubella. Drugs. 2003;63(19):2107-26.