Overview Risk Factors Symptoms Evaluation Treatment questions for doctor specialist Home Care warning signs Prevention Outlook Complications Underlying Cause Transmission Anatomy
- Some skin lesions may appear darker than the surrounding skin
The diagnosis of tinea corporis can usually be made without testing.
Tests that may be used to evaluate tinea corporis include:
- Examination of the skin under an ultraviolet light
- Skin scraping:
- For examination under the microscope
- Skin biopsy
Continue to Ringworm Treatment
PubMed Ringworm References
- Budimulja U, Bramono K, Urip KS, Basuki S, Widodo G, Rapatz G, Paul C. Once daily treatment with terbinafine 1% cream (Lamisil) for one week is effective in the treatment of tinea corporis and cruris. A placebo-controlled study. Mycoses. 2001;44(7-8):300-6. 
- Gupta AK, Chaudhry M, Elewski B. Tinea corporis, tinea cruris, tinea nigra, and piedra. Dermatol Clin. 2003 Jul;21(3):395-400, v. 
- Sanmano B, Hiruma M, Mizoguchi M, Ogawa H. Abbreviated oral itraconazole therapy for tinea corporis and tinea cruris. Mycoses. 2003 Sep;46(8):316-21. 
- Stary A, Sarnow E. Fluconazole in the treatment of tinea corporis and tinea cruris. Dermatology. 1998;196(2):237-41.