Ringworm of the Beard Home Care
Home care for tinea faciei includes:
- Avoid scratching the rash:
- This may make the infection worse.
- Keep the skin clean and dry:
- Avoid activities that make you sweat.
- Bath once a day:
- Dry the skin thoroughly after bathing.
- Topical antifungal cream or lotion:
- Oral antihistamines for itching:
- Take prescribed medications as directed:
Ringworm of the Beard Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if you have tinea faciei and any of the following:
Continue to Ringworm of the Beard Prevention
- Chan YC, Friedlander SF. New treatments for tinea capitis. Curr Opin Infect Dis. 2004 Apr;17(2):97-103. 
- Lin RL, Szepietowski JC, Schwartz RA. Tinea faciei, an often deceptive facial eruption. Int J Dermatol. 2004 Jun;43(6):437-40. 
- Stary A, Sarnow E. Fluconazole in the treatment of tinea corporis and tinea cruris. Dermatology. 1998;196(2):237-41.