Right Atrial Myxoma Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of atrial myxoma.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for heart disease?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Right Atrial Myxoma Specialist
- Ekinci EI, Donnan GA. Neurological manifestations of cardiac myxoma: a review of the literature and report of cases. Intern Med J. 2004 May;34(5):243-9. 
- Percell RL Jr, Henning RJ, Siddique Patel M. Atrial myxoma: case report and a review of the literature. Heart Dis. 2003 May-Jun;5(3):224-30. 
- Vasquez A, Sethi G, Maximov M, Marcus FI. Atrial myxomas in the elderly: a case report and review of the literature. Am J Geriatr Cardiol. 2004 Jan-Feb;13(1):39-44.