Facts about rickets:
- Rickets is rare in the United States.
- Rickets is most common during periods of rapid growth, when the body requires calcium and phosphate for bone growth.
- Rickets is most common in young children between 6 and 24 months of age.
Continue to Rickets Symptoms
PubMed Rickets References
- Lerch C, Meissner T. Interventions for the prevention of nutritional rickets in term born children. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2007 Oct 17;(4):CD006164. 
- Nield LS, Mahajan P, Joshi A, Kamat D. Rickets: not a disease of the past. Am Fam Physician. 2006 Aug 15;74(4):619-26.