Reye's Syndrome Outlook
What to expect with Reye's syndrome:
- Most children completely recover from Reye's syndrome.
- About 25 percent of children die from the disease.
Continue to Reye's Syndrome Complications
- Belay ED, Bresee JS, Holman RC, Khan AS, Shahriari A, Schonberger LB. Reye's syndrome in the United States from 1981 through 1997. N Engl J Med. 1999 May 6;340(18):1377-82. 
- Bhutta AT, Van Savell H, Schexnayder SM. Reye's syndrome: down but not out. South Med J. 2003 Jan;96(1):43-5. 
- Hardie RM, Newton LH, Bruce JC, Glasgow JF, Mowat AP, Stephenson JB, Hall SM. The changing clinical pattern of Reye's syndrome 1982-1990. Arch Dis Child. 1996 May;74(5):400-5. 
- Orlowski JP. Whatever happened to Reye's syndrome? Did it ever really exist? Crit Care Med. 1999 Aug;27(8):1582-7.