Retinoblastoma Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of retinoblastoma.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Will I need surgery?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Retinoblastoma Specialist
- Chan HS, Gallie BL, Munier FL, Beck Popovic M. Chemotherapy for retinoblastoma. Ophthalmol Clin North Am. 2005 Mar;18(1):55-63, viii. 
- Honavar SG, Singh AD. Management of advanced retinoblastoma. Ophthalmol Clin North Am. 2005 Mar;18(1):65-73, viii. 
- Mietz H, Hutton WL, Font RL. Unilateral retinoblastoma in an adult: report of a case and review of the literature. Ophthalmology. 1997 Jan;104(1):43-7.