Retained Object in the Vagina Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of vaginal foreign body.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- Do I need to be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having a vaginal injury from a foreign body?
- Will I need to see my doctor for a checkup?
Continue to Retained Object in the Vagina Specialist
- Kurzel RB, Chaudhuri G, Hall D. Management of a vaginal foreign body. Ann Emerg Med. 1981 Sep;10(9):492-3. 
- Paradise JE, Willis ED. Probability of vaginal foreign body in girls with genital complaints. Am J Dis Child. 1985 May;139(5):472-6. 
- Simon DA, Berry S, Brannian J, Hansen K. Recurrent, purulent vaginal discharge associated with longstanding presence of a foreign body and vaginal stenosis. J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2003 Dec;16(6):361-3. 
- Stricker T, Navratil F, Sennhauser FH. Vaginal foreign bodies. J Paediatr Child Health. 2004 Apr;40(4):205-7.