Restless Legs Underlying Cause
The cause of restless legs syndrome is unknown, but the condition may be inherited.
Conditions that are associated with restless legs syndrome include:
Medications that are associated with restless legs syndrome include:
- Asthma medications
- Decongestant medications:
- Chaudhuri KR, Forbes A, Grosset D, Lees A, Shneerson J, Schapira A, Stillman P, Williams A. Diagnosing restless legs syndrome (RLS) in primary care. Curr Med Res Opin. 2004 Nov;20(11):1785-95. 
- Hogl B, Poewe W. Restless legs syndrome. Curr Opin Neurol. 2005 Aug;18(4):405-10. 
- Stiasny-Kolster K, Trenkwalder C, Fogel W, Greulich W, Hahne M, Lachenmayer L, Oechsner M, Oertel WH. Restless legs syndrome--new insights into clinical characteristics, pathophysiology, and treatment options. J Neurol. 2004 Sep;251 Suppl 6:VI/39-43. 
- Trenkwalder C, Paulus W, Walters AS. The restless legs syndrome. Lancet Neurol. 2005 Aug;4(8):465-75.