Regional Enteritis Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of Crohn's disease.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to gain weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for complications?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Regional Enteritis Specialist
- Hela S, Nihel M, Faten L, Monia F, Jalel B, Azza F, Slaheddine S. Osteoporosis and Crohn's disease. Joint Bone Spine. 2004 Nov 10. 
- Marrero F, Qadeer MA, Lashner BA. Severe complications of inflammatory bowel disease. Med Clin North Am. 2008 May;92(3):671-86. 
- McKaig BC, Stack WA. Novel approaches to inflammatory bowel disease. Expert Opin Investig Drugs. 1998 Jul;7(7):1099-113. 
- Petros JG. Crohn's disease update. Curr Surg. 2000 March - April;57(2):95-103.