Recurrent Abdominal Pain Overview
Another name for Recurrent Abdominal Pain is Chronic Abdominal Pain.
What is chronic abdominal pain?
A person with chronic abdominal pain suffers from similar episodes of abdominal pain that occur over weeks to months. Many conditions can cause chronic abdominal pain. Acid reflux and peptic ulcer disease are common causes for chronic abdominal pain.
What are the symptoms of chronic abdominal pain?
Symptoms of chronic abdominal pain depend on underlying cause.
How does the doctor treat chronic abdominal pain?
Treatment for chronic abdominal pain depends on underlying cause.
Continue to Recurrent Abdominal Pain Symptoms
- Flasar MH, Goldberg E. Acute abdominal pain. Med Clin North Am. 2006 May;90(3):481-503. 
- Holten KB, Wetherington A, Bankston L. Diagnosing the patient with abdominal pain and altered bowel habits: is it irritable bowel syndrome? Am Fam Physician. 2003 May 15;67(10):2157-62. 
- Jones PF. Suspected acute appendicitis: trends in management over 30 years. Br J Surg. 2001 Dec;88(12):1570-7. 
- Lozeau AM, Potter B. Diagnosis and management of ectopic pregnancy. Am Fam Physician. 2005 Nov 1;72(9):1707-14. 
- Macari M, Balthazar EJ. The acute right lower quadrant: CT evaluation.Radiol Clin North Am. 2003 Nov;41(6):1117-36. 
- McCollough M, Sharieff GQ. Abdominal pain in children. Pediatr Clin North Am. 2006 Feb;53(1):107-37, vi. 
- Nagurney JT, Brown DF, Chang Y, Sane S, Wang AC, Weiner JB. Use of diagnostic testing in the emergency department for patients presenting with non-traumatic abdominal pain. J Emerg Med. 2003 Nov;25(4):363-71. 
- Old JL, Dusing RW, Yap W, Dirks J. Imaging for suspected appendicitis. Am Fam Physician. 2005 Jan 1;71(1):71-8. Review. 
- Olden KW. Diagnosis of irritable bowel syndrome. Gastroenterology. 2002 May;122(6):1701-14. 
- Warren O, Kinross J, Paraskeva P, Darzi A. Emergency laparoscopy - current best practice. World J Emerg Surg. 2006 Aug 31;1(1):24