Rectal Swelling Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of proctitis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having proctitis again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Rectal Swelling Specialist
- Babb RR. Radiation proctitis: a review. Am J Gastroenterol. 1996 Jul;91(7):1309-11. 
- Gionchetti P, Rizzello F, Morselli C, Campieri M. Review article: problematic proctitis and distal colitis. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2004 Oct;20 Suppl 4:93-6.