Receding Gums Treatment
- Antibiotics for periodontal disease:
- Antiseptic mouthwash for periodontal disease
- Good oral hygiene
- Regular professional dental cleaning
- Dental extraction for periodontal disease
For more information:
Receding Gums Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of periodontal disease.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- Do I need medication?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for periodontal disease?
- How often will I need to see my dentist for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Receding Gums Specialist
Physicians from the following specialties evaluate and treat periodontal disease:
Continue to Receding Gums Home Care
- Bascones A, Gamonal J, Gomez M, Silva A, Gonzalez MA. New knowledge of the pathogenesis of periodontal disease. Quintessence Int. 2004 Oct;35(9):706-16. 
- Campus G, Salem A, Uzzau S, Baldoni E, Tonolo G. Diabetes and periodontal disease: a case-control study. J Periodontol. 2005 Mar;76(3):418-25. 
- Kinane DF, Lappin DF. Immune processes in periodontal disease: a review. Ann Periodontol. 2002 Dec;7(1):62-71. 
- Schifferle RE. Nutrition and periodontal disease. Dent Clin North Am. 2005 Jul;49(3):595-610, vii.