Rash due to Allergies Prevention
Prevention of allergic dermatitis includes:
- Avoid substances that trigger allergic dermatitis:
- Adhesive tape
- Creams, lotions, ointments and sunscreen
- Food: shellfish, spices, preservatives
- Medication reaction
- Metal: belt buckles, jewelry and watches
- Plants: poison ivy, poison sumac, poison oak
- Avoid strong soaps or detergents.
- Avoid tight clothing: belts and ties.
- Avoid very hot baths and showers.
- Wear cotton clothing.
Continue to Rash due to Allergies Outlook
- Beltrani VS. Suggestions regarding a more appropriate understanding of atopic dermatitis. Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol. 2005 Oct;5(5):413-8. 
- Bussmann C, Bockenhoff A, Henke H, Werfel T, Novak N. Does allergen-specific immunotherapy represent a therapeutic option for patients with atopic dermatitis? J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2006 Dec;118(6):1292-8. 
- Lynde C, Barber K, Claveau J, Gratton D, Ho V, Krafchik B, Langley R, Marcoux D, Murray E, Shear N. Canadian Practical Guide for the Treatment and Management of Atopic Dermatitis. J Cutan Med Surg. 2005 Jun 30. 
- Williams HC. Clinical practice. Atopic dermatitis. N Engl J Med. 2005 Jun 2;352(22):2314-24.