Rash (diaper) Evaluation
Most infants with diaper rash can be diagnosed and treated at home.
Children that don't respond to home treatment need to see a doctor. The diagnosis of diaper rash is made during physical exam.
Physical findings in an infant with diaper rash may include:
- Pink or red rash
- May be worse in the skin folds
- Severe and spreading outside of the diaper area
For more information:
Continue to Rash (diaper) Treatment
- Boiko S. Making rash decisions in the diaper area. Pediatr Ann. 2000 Jan;29(1):50-6. 
- Borkowski S. Diaper rash care and management. Pediatr Nurs. 2004 Nov-Dec;30(6):467-70. 
- Levy M. Diaper rash syndrome or dermatitis. Cutis. 2001 May;67(5 Suppl):37-8.