Rash Contact Dermatitis Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of contact dermatitis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- Do I need to change my diet?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for allergic rashes?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Rash Contact Dermatitis Specialist
- Cahill J, Keegel T, Nixon R. The prognosis of occupational contact dermatitis in 2004. Contact Dermatitis. 2004 Nov-Dec;51(5-6):219-26. 
- Cohen DE, Heidary N. Treatment of irritant and allergic contact dermatitis. Dermatol Ther. 2004;17(4):334-40. 
- Mowad CM. Contact allergens of the year. Adv Dermatol. 2004;20:237-55. 
- Reunala T, Alenius H, Turjanmaa K, Palosuo T. Latex allergy and skin. Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol. 2004 Oct;4(5):397-401.