Radial Head Subluxation Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of nursemaid's elbow.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- Will I need physical therapy?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having this injury again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Radial Head Subluxation Reduction
- Kaplan RE, Lillis KA. Recurrent nursemaid's elbow (annular ligament displacement) treatment via telephone. Pediatrics. 2002 Jul;110(1 Pt 1):171-4. 
- McDonald J, Whitelaw C, Goldsmith LJ. Radial head subluxation: comparing two methods of reduction. Acad Emerg Med. 1999 Jul;6(7):715-8. 
- Shabat S, Folman Y, Mann G, Kots Y, Fredman B, Banian M, Liberman N, Nyska M. The role of sonography in detecting radial head subluxation in a child. J Clin Ultrasound. 2005 May;33(4):187-9. 
- Skaggs DL, Mirzayan R. The posterior fat pad sign in association with occult fracture of the elbow in children. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1999 Oct;81(10):1429-33.