Rabbit Fever Treatment
Treatment for tularemia includes antibiotics and skin ulcer treatment. More serious complications of tularemia, such as pericarditis, peritonitis, and osteomyelitis, require special treatment.
Specific treatment for tularemia includes:
- Skin ulcer wound care:
- Daily gentle cleansing of the ulcer
- Whirlpool baths for skin ulcers
- Protective bandages for skin ulcers
- Incision and drainage of an abscessed lymph node
- Antibiotics for tularemia:
Rabbit Fever Specialist
Continue to Rabbit Fever Warning Signs
- Cronquist SD. Tularemia: the disease and the weapon. Dermatol Clin. 2004 Jul;22(3):313-20, vi-vii. 
- Ellis J, Oyston PC, Green M, Titball RW. Tularemia. Clin Microbiol Rev. 2002 Oct;15(4):631-46. 
- Jensen WA, Kirsch CM. Tularemia. Semin Respir Infect. 2003 Sep;18(3):146-58. 
- Wortmann G. Pulmonary manifestations of other agents: brucella, Q fever, tularemia and smallpox. Respir Care Clin N Am. 2004 Mar;10(1):99-109.