Pulmonary Cancer Stage 4
Chemotherapy is standard for stage 4 lung cancer. Medications can slow the progress of many lung cancers in this stage, but do not offer a cure.
Radiation therapy is often used to help relieve symptoms of advanced disease.
Continue to Pulmonary Cancer Surgery
- Armstrong B, Hutchinson E, Unwin J, Fletcher T. Lung cancer risk after exposure to polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons: a review and meta-analysis. Environ Health Perspect. 2004 Jun;112(9):970-8. 
- Collins LG, Haines C, Perkel R, Enck RE. Lung cancer: diagnosis and management. Am Fam Physician. 2007 Jan 1;75(1):56-63. 
- Field RW, Smith BJ, Platz CE, Robinson RA, Neuberger JS, Brus CP, Lynch CF. Lung cancer histologic type in the surveillance, epidemiology, and end results registry versus independent review. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2004 Jul 21;96(14):1105-7. 
- Manser R. Screening for lung cancer: a review. Curr Opin Pulm Med. 2004 Jul;10(4):266-71. 
- Pasic A, Postmus PE, Sutedja TG. What is early lung cancer? A review of the literature. Lung Cancer. 2004 Sep;45(3):267-77.