Pulmonary Cancer Photodynamic Therapy
Photodynamic therapy combines laser treatments with medications that make cancer cells more sensitive to laser light. When the laser beam is directed to the cancer cells, they absorb more energy and die. Photodynamic therapy is used to destroy lung cancers that have not spread beyond the lung.
Continue to Pulmonary Cancer Questions For Doctor
- Armstrong B, Hutchinson E, Unwin J, Fletcher T. Lung cancer risk after exposure to polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons: a review and meta-analysis. Environ Health Perspect. 2004 Jun;112(9):970-8. 
- Collins LG, Haines C, Perkel R, Enck RE. Lung cancer: diagnosis and management. Am Fam Physician. 2007 Jan 1;75(1):56-63. 
- Field RW, Smith BJ, Platz CE, Robinson RA, Neuberger JS, Brus CP, Lynch CF. Lung cancer histologic type in the surveillance, epidemiology, and end results registry versus independent review. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2004 Jul 21;96(14):1105-7. 
- Manser R. Screening for lung cancer: a review. Curr Opin Pulm Med. 2004 Jul;10(4):266-71. 
- Pasic A, Postmus PE, Sutedja TG. What is early lung cancer? A review of the literature. Lung Cancer. 2004 Sep;45(3):267-77.