Pubic Lice Home Care
- Do not share personal care items:
- Sterilize combs and brushes in boiling water.
- Family members should be checked for lice.
- Sexual partners should be treated for lice.
- Take an oral antihistamine for itching:
- Use a nit comb to help remove dead eggs from the hair.
- Wash clothes and linens in very hot, soapy water every day.
- Take prescription medications as directed.
Pubic Lice Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if you have pubic lice and any of the following:
Continue to Pubic Lice Prevention
- Gillis D, Slepon R, Karsenty E, Green M. Seasonality and long-term trends of pediculosis capitis and pubis in a young adult population. Arch Dermatol. 1990 May;126(5):638-41. 
- Hart G. Factors associated with pediculosis pubis and scabies. Genitourin Med. 1992 Oct;68(5):294-5. 
- Wendel K, Rompalo A. Scabies and pediculosis pubis: an update of treatment regimens and general review. Clin Infect Dis. 2002 Oct 15;35(Suppl 2):S146-51.