Overview Incidence Risk Factors Symptoms Evaluation Treatment questions for doctor specialist Home Care stress taking control warning signs Underlying Cause
Facts about PTSD:
- Over 100,000 US veterans have post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- About 4 in 100 people in the US develop PTSD each year.
- About 8 out of 100 adult Americans suffer from PTSD at sometime in their lives.
Continue to PTSD Risk Factors
PubMed PTSD References
- Bisson J, Andrew M. Psychological treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2005 Apr 18;(2):CD003388. 
- Ehlers A, Clark DM, Hackmann A, McManus F, Fennell M. Cognitive therapy for post-traumatic stress disorder: development and evaluation. Behav Res Ther. 2005 Apr;43(4):413-31. 
- Elklit A, Brink O. Acute stress disorder as a predictor of post-traumatic stress disorder in physical assault victims. J Interpers Violence. 2004 Jun;19(6):709-26. 
- Grinage BD. Diagnosis and management of post-traumatic stress disorder. Am Fam Physician. 2003 Dec 15;68(12):2401-8. 
- Veltmeyer MD, Clark CR, McFarlane AC, Felmingham KL, Bryant RA, Gordon E. Integrative assessment of brain and cognitive function in post-traumatic stress disorder. J Integr Neurosci. 2005 Mar;4(1):145-59. 
- Weis JM, Grunert BK. Post-traumatic stress disorder following traumatic injuries in adults. WMJ. 2004;103(6):69-72.