What to expect with pseudogout:
- Episodes of joint pain from pseudogout usually resolve in about 10 days.
- Over time, some patients develop worsening joint damage, and loss of joint function.
Continue to Pseudogout Complications
- Cassetta M, Gorevic PD. Crystal arthritis. Gout and pseudogout in the geriatric patient. Geriatrics. 2004 Sep;59(9):25-30. 
- Joseph J, McGrath H. Gout or 'pseudogout': how to differentiate crystal-induced arthropathies. Geriatrics. 1995 Apr;50(4):33-9. 
- Rivera-Sanfeliz G, Resnick D, Haghighi P, Wong W, Lanier T. Tophaceous pseudogout. Skeletal Radiol. 1996 Oct;25(7):699-701.