Prolapsed Vagina Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of vaginal prolapse.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for worsening vaginal prolapse?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Prolapsed Vagina Specialist
- Brubaker L. Controversies and uncertainties: abdominal versus vaginal surgery for pelvic organ prolapse. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005 Mar;192(3):690-3. 
- Digesu GA, Chaliha C, Salvatore S, Hutchings A, Khullar V. The relationship of vaginal prolapse severity to symptoms and quality of life. BJOG. 2005 Jul;112(7):971-6. 
- Ginsberg DA. Vaginal vault prolapse: evaluation and repair. Curr Urol Rep. 2003 Oct;4(5):404-8.