Prolapsed Vagina Kegel Exercises
Kegel exercises can be helpful in the treatment of vaginal prolapse. These exercises strengthen the muscles that support the uterus. These muscles also help control urination.
How to perform Kegel exercises:
- Contract your muscles upward and inward while urinating, so that you can stop the flow of urine.
- Hold this position for a count of 6 seconds.
- Release the urine for a count of 6 seconds.
- Repeat the above one more time before emptying your bladder.
- Once you are able to perform this exercise while urinating, you may perform them between urinating.
- Perform the exercises 4 times a day.
Continue to Prolapsed Vagina Questions For Doctor
- Brubaker L. Controversies and uncertainties: abdominal versus vaginal surgery for pelvic organ prolapse. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005 Mar;192(3):690-3. 
- Digesu GA, Chaliha C, Salvatore S, Hutchings A, Khullar V. The relationship of vaginal prolapse severity to symptoms and quality of life. BJOG. 2005 Jul;112(7):971-6. 
- Ginsberg DA. Vaginal vault prolapse: evaluation and repair. Curr Urol Rep. 2003 Oct;4(5):404-8.