Primary Lateral Sclerosis Outlook
What to expect with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis:
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis causes death within 2 to 10 years.
- Only about 20 percent of those with the disease live longer than five years.
Continue to Primary Lateral Sclerosis Underlying Cause
- Brooks BR. El Escorial World Federation of Neurology criteria for the diagnosis of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Subcommittee on Motor Neuron Diseases/Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis of the World Federation of Neurology Research Group on Neuromuscular Diseases J Neurol Sci 1994; 124: 96-107. 
- Brown RC, Lockwood AH, Sonawane BR. Neurodegenerative diseases: an overview of environmental risk factors. Environ Health Perspect. 2005 Sep;113(9):1250-6. 
- Waragai M: MRI and clinical features in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Neuroradiology 1997; 39: 847-851.