Primary Hyperparathyroidism Incidence
Facts about hyperparathyroidism:
- About 2 out of 1,000 people in the US develop hyperparathyroidism each year.
- Hyperparathyroidism is 3 times more common in females.
Continue to Primary Hyperparathyroidism Risk Factors
- Damiani D, Aguiar CH, Bueno VS, Montenegro FL, Koch VH, Cocozza AM, Cordeiro AC, Dichtchekenian V, Setian N. Primary hyperparathyroidism in children: patient report and review of the literature. J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab. 1998 Jan-Feb;11(1):83-6. 
- Reeve TS, Babidge WJ, Parkyn RF, Edis AJ, Delbridge LW, Devitt PG, Maddern GJ. Minimally invasive surgery for primary hyperparathyroidism: systematic review. Arch Surg. 2000 Apr;135(4):481-7. 
- Ruda JM, Hollenbeak CS, Stack BC Jr. A systematic review of the diagnosis and treatment of primary hyperparathyroidism from 1995 to 2003. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2005 Mar;132(3):359-72.