Primary Biliary Cirrhosis Outlook
What to expect with primary biliary cirrhosis:
- After diagnosis, most people live for more than 10 years.
- About 70 percent of those who undergo liver transplant live for more than 5 years.
- About 50 percent of those who develop symptoms live for more than 5 years.
Continue to Primary Biliary Cirrhosis Complications
- Angulo P, Lindor KD. Management of primary biliary cirrhosis and autoimmune cholangitis. Clin Liver Dis. 1998 May;2(2):333-51, ix. 
- Gong Y, Gluud C. Colchicine for primary biliary cirrhosis: a Cochrane Hepato-Biliary Group systematic review of randomized clinical trials. Am J Gastroenterol. 2005 Aug;100(8):1876-85. 
- Jones DE, James OF, Bassendine MF. Primary biliary cirrhosis: clinical and associated autoimmune features and natural history. Clin Liver Dis. 1998 May;2(2):265-82, viii.