Primary Amyloidosis Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of amyloidosis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Primary Amyloidosis Specialist
- Benson MD: Aging, amyloid, and cardiomyopathy. N Engl J Med 1997 Feb 13; 336(7): 502-4. 
- Gertz MA, Lacy MQ, Dispenzieri A: Amyloidosis: recognition, confirmation, prognosis, and therapy. Mayo Clin Proc 1999 May; 74(5): 490-4. 
- Pepys MB. Amyloidosis. Annu Rev Med. 2005 Aug 24.