Primary Amyloidosis Incidence
Facts about amyloidosis:
- About 1 out of 10,000 people in the US have amyloidosis.
- Amyloidosis is most common in those between the ages of 60 and 70 years.
- Males are affected twice as often as females.
- About 10% of patients with multiple myeloma develop amyloidosis.
Continue to Primary Amyloidosis Risk Factors
- Benson MD: Aging, amyloid, and cardiomyopathy. N Engl J Med 1997 Feb 13; 336(7): 502-4. 
- Gertz MA, Lacy MQ, Dispenzieri A: Amyloidosis: recognition, confirmation, prognosis, and therapy. Mayo Clin Proc 1999 May; 74(5): 490-4. 
- Pepys MB. Amyloidosis. Annu Rev Med. 2005 Aug 24.