Premenstrual Stress Syndrome Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of premenstrual syndrome.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Do I need to be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for worsening premenstrual syndrome symptoms?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Premenstrual Stress Syndrome Specialist
- Johnson SR. Premenstrual syndrome, premenstrual dysphoric disorder, and beyond: a clinical primer for practitioners. Obstet Gynecol. 2004 Oct;104(4):845-59. 
- Rapkin A. A review of treatment of premenstrual syndrome and premenstrual dysphoric disorder. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2003 Aug;28 Suppl 3:39-53. 
- Wyatt K, Dimmock P, Jones P, Obhrai M, O'Brien S. Efficacy of progesterone and progestogens in management of premenstrual syndrome: systematic review. BMJ. 2001 Oct 6;323(7316):776-80.