Premature Rupture of Membranes Labor
Symptoms of labor that can accompany premature rupture of membranes include:
- Worsening low back pain
- Vaginal bleeding in pregnancy:
- Bloody show: bloody mucus is expelled from the vagina
- Vaginal discharge in pregnancy:
- Mucus plug is expelled from the vagina
- Worsening contractions:
- Abdominal pain that comes in episodes or waves that are increasing in intensity.
- Back pain:
Continue to Premature Rupture of Membranes Anatomy
- Menon R, Fortunato SJ. Infection and the role of inflammation in preterm premature rupture of the membranes. Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 2007 Jun;21(3):467-78. Epub 2007 Apr 19. 
- Mingione MJ, Pressman EK, Woods JR. Prevention of PPROM: current and future strategies. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2006 Dec;19(12):783-9.