Premature Labor Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of premature labor.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Will I need a Cesarean section?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having premature labor again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Premature Labor Specialist
- Besinger RE. Preterm labor, premature rupture of membranes, and cervical incompetence. Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol. 1993 Feb;5(1):33-9. 
- Gjerdingen DK. Premature labor, Part II: Management. J Am Board Fam Pract. 1992 Nov-Dec;5(6):601-15. 
- Mercer BM, Lewis R. Preterm labor and preterm premature rupture of the membranes. Diagnosis and management. Infect Dis Clin North Am. 1997 Mar;11(1):177-201. 
- Newton ER. Preterm labor, preterm premature rupture of membranes, and chorioamnionitis. Clin Perinatol. 2005 Sep;32(3):571-600.