Pregnancy 1) Childbirth Options
There are a number of different options available for delivery of your baby. If you take a childbirth education class, you may complete a birthing plan. The birthing plan will address some of the options available to you.
There are several options for the location of delivery. Possible choices include the hospital, home, or a birthing center. Certified nurse midwives usually staff birthing centers. Nurse midwives also perform home deliveries. Midwives work closely with doctors, so that the doctor can provide care when problems arise during the pregnancy or delivery.
Most physicians prefer to deliver babies at the hospital. This is because the hospital provides the tools and technology needed to manage complications. All high-risk pregnancies or deliveries are performed at the hospital.
Continue to Pregnancy 2) Pain Control
- Blenning CE, Paladine H. An approach to the postpartum office visit. Am Fam Physician. 2005 Dec 15;72(12):2491-6. 
- Condous GS, Arulkumaran S. Medical and conservative surgical management of postpartum hemorrhage. J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2003 Nov;25(11):931-6. 
- Magann EF, Evans S, Hutchinson M, Collins R, Lanneau G, Morrison JC. Postpartum hemorrhage after cesarean delivery: an analysis of risk factors. South Med J. 2005 Jul;98(7):681-5. 
- Malamitsi-Puchner A, Boutsikou T. Adolescent pregnancy and perinatal outcome. Pediatr Endocrinol Rev. 2006 Jan;3 Suppl 1:170-1. 
- Nanda K, Peloggia A, Grimes D, Lopez L, Nanda G. Expectant care versus surgical treatment for miscarriage. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2006 Apr 19;(2):CD003518. 
- Ozkaya O, Sezik M, et al. Placebo-controlled randomized comparison of vaginal with rectal misoprostol in the prevention of postpartum hemorrhage. J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2005 Oct;31(5):389-93. 
- Tierney JP, Welsh J, Owen P; Effective Gynaecology in Glasgow Group. Management of early pregnancy loss--a complete audit cycle. J Obstet Gynaecol. 2006 Apr;26(3):229-32. 
- Vitzthum VJ, Spielvogel H, Thornburg J, West B. A prospective study of early pregnancy loss in humans. Fertil Steril. 2006 Aug;86(2):373-9.