Pregnancy Abdominal Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of ectopic pregnancy.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having this problem again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Pregnancy Abdominal Specialist
- Aboud E. A five-year review of ectopic pregnancy. Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol. 1997;24(3):127-9. 
- Dialani V, Levine D. Ectopic pregnancy: a review. Ultrasound Q. 2004 Sep;20(3):105-17. 
- Fisch JD, Ortiz BH, Tazuke SI, Chitkara U, Giudice LC. Medical management of interstitial ectopic pregnancy: a case report and literature review. Hum Reprod. 1998 Jul;13(7):1981-6. 
- Furlong LA. Ectopic pregnancy risk when contraception fails. A review. J Reprod Med. 2002 Nov;47(11):881-5. 
- Lozeau AM, Potter B. Diagnosis and management of ectopic pregnancy. Am Fam Physician. 2005 Nov 1;72(9):1707-14.