Postmenopausal Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after treatment for menopause.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for osteoporosis?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Postmenopausal Specialist
- Heinemann K, Ruebig A, Potthoff P, Schneider HP, Strelow F, Heinemann LA, Do MT. The Menopause Rating Scale (MRS) scale: a methodological review. Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2004 Sep 2;2:45. 
- Obermeyer CM. Menopause across cultures: a review of the evidence. Menopause. 2000 May-Jun;7(3):184-92. 
- Zollner YF, Acquadro C, Schaefer M. Literature review of instruments to assess health-related quality of life during and after menopause. Qual Life Res. 2005 Mar;14(2):309-27.