Postmenopausal Bleeding Home Care
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Follow an exercise program for women developed with your doctor.
- Take a multiple vitamin with iron daily
- Take your medications as directed:
- Don't skip doses of your medication. This makes them less effective.
- Avoid running out of your medication. Refill your prescriptions early.
- Don't stop taking your medication just because you feel better.
- If you feel worse, talk to your doctor before you stop your medication.
- Be aware of the common side effects that may be caused by your medication.
- Avoid medications that can promote bleeding
Postmenopausal Bleeding Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if you have postmenopausal bleeding and any of the following:
Continue to Postmenopausal Bleeding Outlook
- Abouzeid H, Reginald PW. Postmenopausal bleeding on hormone replacement therapy: review of the current referral guidelines. J Obstet Gynaecol. 2004 Nov;24(8):920-1. 
- Epstein E, Valentin L. Managing women with post-menopausal bleeding. Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 2004 Feb;18(1):125-43. 
- Wagman H. Post-menopausal bleeding. Baillieres Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 1988 Jun;2(2):355-62. 
- White CD. Post menopausal bleeding as a risk factor for endometrial carcinoma. W V Med J. 1991 Jan;87(1):15-7.