Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Treatment
- Mental health counseling for PTSD
- Group therapy for PTSD
- Relaxation techniques for PTSD
- SSRI antidepressant medications for PTSD:
- MAO inhibitor antidepressant medications for PTSD:
- Beta-blocker medications for PTSD:
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of PTSD.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Will I need therapy?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for anxiety disorder and depression?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Specialist
Continue to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Home Care
- Bisson J, Andrew M. Psychological treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2005 Apr 18;(2):CD003388. 
- Ehlers A, Clark DM, Hackmann A, McManus F, Fennell M. Cognitive therapy for post-traumatic stress disorder: development and evaluation. Behav Res Ther. 2005 Apr;43(4):413-31. 
- Elklit A, Brink O. Acute stress disorder as a predictor of post-traumatic stress disorder in physical assault victims. J Interpers Violence. 2004 Jun;19(6):709-26. 
- Grinage BD. Diagnosis and management of post-traumatic stress disorder. Am Fam Physician. 2003 Dec 15;68(12):2401-8. 
- Veltmeyer MD, Clark CR, McFarlane AC, Felmingham KL, Bryant RA, Gordon E. Integrative assessment of brain and cognitive function in post-traumatic stress disorder. J Integr Neurosci. 2005 Mar;4(1):145-59. 
- Weis JM, Grunert BK. Post-traumatic stress disorder following traumatic injuries in adults. WMJ. 2004;103(6):69-72.