Post Partum Vaginal Bleeding Anatomy
To better understand vaginal bleeding after delivery, it helps to understand the anatomy of the uterus, cervix, and Fallopian tubes.
Female Reproductive Anatomy
- The uterus, cervix, and vaginal canal
- The bladder
- The fallopian tubes:
- The ovaries:
- Female organs during a pelvic examination
The fetus grows within the amniotic save within the uterus:
- Blenning CE, Paladine H. An approach to the postpartum office visit. Am Fam Physician. 2005 Dec 15;72(12):2491-6. 
- Cameron CA, Roberts CL, Olive EC, Ford JB, Fischer WE. Trends in postpartum haemorrhage. Aust N Z J Public Health. 2006 Apr;30(2):151-6. 
- Magann EF, Evans S, Hutchinson M, Collins R, Howard BC, Morrison JC. Postpartum hemorrhage after vaginal birth: an analysis of risk factors. South Med J. 2005 Apr;98(4):419-22. 
- Maughan KL, Heim SW, Galazka SS. Preventing postpartum hemorrhage: managing the third stage of labor. Am Fam Physician. 2006 Mar 15;73(6):1025-8.