Porphyria Cutanea Tarda Home Care
- Avoid alcohol.
- Avoid iron supplements.
- Avoid exposure to the sun.
- Wear clothing that blocks the sun's rays.
- Apply sunscreen that blocks UV radiation.
- Wear a hat.
- Take your medications as directed:
- Don't skip doses of your medication. This makes them less effective.
- Avoid running out of your medication. Refill your prescriptions early.
- Don't stop taking your medication just because you feel better.
- If you feel worse, talk to your doctor before you stop your medication.
- Be aware of the common side effects that may be caused by your medication.
Porphyria Cutanea Tarda Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if you have porphyria cutanea tarda and any of the following:
Continue to Porphyria Cutanea Tarda Underlying Cause
- Elder GH. Porphyria cutanea tarda. Semin Liver Dis. 1998;18(1):67-75. 
- Sarkany RP. The management of porphyria cutanea tarda. Clin Exp Dermatol. 2001 May;26(3):225-32.