Overview Incidence Risk Factors Symptoms Evaluation Treatment specialist Home Care warning signs Underlying Cause drugs Types
Porphyria Cutanea Tarda Evaluation
- Red rash:
- Occurs on skin exposed to the sun
- Form on the hands and arms, or the face
- Darkened skin on the face, hands, neck and back
- Increased hair growth on the face
- Firm, yellow skin:
- Located on the trunk and back of the neck
- Dark urine
Testing is necessary to confirm the diagnosis of porphyria cutanea tarda.
Tests that may be used to evaluate porphyria cutanea tarda include:
Continue to Porphyria Cutanea Tarda Treatment
PubMed Porphyria Cutanea Tarda References
- Elder GH. Porphyria cutanea tarda. Semin Liver Dis. 1998;18(1):67-75. 
- Sarkany RP. The management of porphyria cutanea tarda. Clin Exp Dermatol. 2001 May;26(3):225-32.