Poor Hearing Incidence
Facts about deafness include:
- More than 28 million people in the US have hearing loss.
- Most cases of hearing loss are due to aging.
- More than a third of all people over the age of 65 have hearing loss.
- Men are affected by hearing loss more than women.
Continue to Poor Hearing Risk Factors
- Copeland BJ, Pillsbury HC 3rd. Cochlear implantation for the treatment of deafness. Annu Rev Med. 2004;55:157-67. 
- Puig T, Municio A, Meda C. Universal neonatal hearing screening versus selective screening as part of the management of childhood deafness. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2005 Apr 18;(2):CD003731.