Polyps Rectal Incidence
Facts about intestinal polyps:
- About 30 percent of adults in the US have intestinal polyps.
- About 60% of adults have polyps by 60 years of age.
- Polyps are more common in men.
Continue to Polyps Rectal Symptoms
- Friedman S, Odze RD, Farraye FA. Management of neoplastic polyps in inflammatory bowel disease. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2003 Jul;9(4):260-6. 
- Merg A, Howe JR. Genetic conditions associated with intestinal juvenile polyps. Am J Med Genet C Semin Med Genet. 2004 Aug 15;129(1):44-55. 
- Schulmann K, Hollerbach S, Kraus K, Willert J, Vogel T, Moslein G, Pox C, Reiser M, Reinacher-Schick A, Schmiegel W. Feasibility and diagnostic utility of video capsule endoscopy for the detection of small bowel polyps in patients with hereditary polyposis syndromes. Am J Gastroenterol. 2005 Jan;100(1):27-37. 
- Togashi K, Konishi F, Ishizuka T, Sato T, Senba S, Kanazawa K. Efficacy of magnifying endoscopy in the differential diagnosis of neoplastic and non-neoplastic polyps of the large bowel. Dis Colon Rectum. 1999 Dec;42(12):1602-8.