Facts about polymyositis:
- About 1 out of 200,000 people in the US develop polymyositis each year.
- It is most common in people between the ages of 50 and 70.
- Women develop this condition almost twice as often as men.
Continue to Polymyositis Symptoms
- Choy EH, Isenberg DA. Treatment of dermatomyositis and polymyositis. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2002 Jan;41(1):7-13. 
- Dalakas MC, Hohlfeld R. Polymyositis and dermatomyositis. Lancet. 2003 Sep 20;362(9388):971-82. 
- van der Meulen MF, Bronner IM, Hoogendijk JE, Burger H, van Venrooij WJ, Voskuyl AE, Dinant HJ, Linssen WH, Wokke JH, de Visser M. Polymyositis: an overdiagnosed entity. Neurology. 2003 Aug 12;61(3):316-21.