Poisoning Fish Incidence
Facts about ciguatera:
- Humans are very susceptible to ciguatera toxins.
- Over 50,000 ciguatera poisonings are reported each year.
- Mild cases are not reported.
- People living in tropical regions are exposed to ciguatera toxin the most.
- In the US, fish from the Caribbean, Gulf of Mexico and Mexican waters carry the most risk.
Continue to Poisoning Fish Symptoms
- Farstad DJ, Chow T. A brief case report and review of ciguatera poisoning. Wilderness Environ Med. 2001 Winter;12(4):263-9. 
- Isbister GK, Kiernan MC. Neurotoxic marine poisoning. Lancet Neurol. 2005 Apr;4(4):219-28. 
- Lewis RJ. The changing face of ciguatera. Toxicon. 2001 Jan;39(1):97-106.