Poisoning Cyanide Underlying Cause
Cyanide prevents cells from using oxygen.
Sources of cyanide include:
- Electroplating industry
- Ore extraction industry
- Silver recovery from x-ray film
- Some fruit pits, such as apricot pits, contain small amounts of cyanide
- Medication: sodium nitroprusside.
- Hydrogen cyanide can be released from burning nylon, polyurethane, wool, silk, and cellulose.
- Gracia R, Shepherd G. Cyanide poisoning and its treatment. Pharmacotherapy. 2004 Oct;24(10):1358-65. 
- Morocco AP. Cyanides. Crit Care Clin. 2005 Oct;21(4):691-705, vi. 
- Teles FF. Chronic poisoning by hydrogen cyanide in cassava and its prevention in Africa and Latin America. Food Nutr Bull. 2002 Dec;23(4):407-12.