Pneumonia due to Streptococcus Home Care
- Stop smoking
- Avoid exposure to secondary smoke
- Drink plenty of liquids.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Use a vaporizer or humidifier.
- Perform deep breathing exercises.
- Acetaminophen for pain and fever control
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications for pain and fever control:
- Ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil, Nuprin, NeoProfen)
- Ketoprofen (Actron, Orudis, Oruvail)
- Naproxen (Anaprox, Naprosyn, Aleve)
- Take nonprescription cough medications:
- Take prescribed antibiotics as directed:
Pneumonia due to Streptococcus Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if you have streptococcus pneumonia and any of the following:
Continue to Pneumonia due to Streptococcus Anatomy
- Chetty K, Thomson AH. Management of community-acquired pneumonia in children. Paediatr Drugs. 2007;9(6):401-11. 
- Feldman C, Anderson R. Controversies in the treatment of pneumococcal community-acquired pneumonia. Future Microbiol. 2006 Oct;1:271-81. 
- Kumar P, McKean MC. Evidence based paediatrics: review of BTS guidelines for the management of community acquired pneumonia in children. J Infect. 2004 Feb;48(2):134-8. 
- Maestro B, Sanz JM. Novel approaches to fight Streptococcus pneumoniae. Recent Patents Anti-Infect Drug Disc. 2007 Nov;2(3):188-96. 
- Vila-Corcoles A. Advances in pneumococcal vaccines: what are the advantages for the elderly? Drugs Aging. 2007;24(10):791-800.